Saturday, August 21, 2010

consequences

It occurred to me that I am being disciplined for my disobedience and ultimately for my pride. I have willingly disobeyed God by compromising my purity. I pridefully reasoned that God's way was too restrictive. If you really love someone, why can't you love them completely? I reasoned that I was doing something good, giving something that my love needed. I was a fool. Not only did I compromise myself, but I've been a stumbling block to someone that I love. I complicated his life (he made the choice, too, of course) by giving in to my flesh. Sin is sin -- sex outside of marriage or fornication (hate that word) is clearly sin. That's God's way. Now I face the consequences and suffer the pain. I await the final verdict hoping that my mistakes are covered with grace. I submit this to you Lord once and for all. I will not be disobedient in this area again. Your way is perfect. I will be devastated to realize what I've done, if this relationship does not work out. What if I have given my body to someone who will never be my husband?

No comments: