Monday, January 12, 2009

what do I have to offer?

I would say that around 50 percent of the time I'm content being single. There is a part of me that is uncomfortable about the idea of having to share my space, my stuff and my time with someone else. Not to mention the "just-out-of-bed-in-the-morning Amy," who is quite scary to behold. But I'm really only okay with this singleness if it's temporary. Living the rest of my life alone is NOT a pleasant thought at all. I tend to focus on the fact that I'm in my early 40's and aging rapidly -- therefore time seems to be running out on me. It may be helpful to focus on the positives instead and be cognizant of what I have to offer out there on the dating/marriage market. So here goes....

I'm not ugly -- not gorgeous, but not ugly. In my mind, I pass for attractive when I'm about 10-15 lbs. lighter than I am right now. This, by the way, is attainable since I was 10 lbs. lighter about 8 months ago! The disruption to my exercise schedule in the fall always sets me back, but I digress... I care about my appearance -- not fashion savvy, but try to avoid looking like a schlep. I have nice eyes with changing hues and an expressive countenance. I'm intelligent, not a genius, not a scholar, but educated and informed enough to converse intelligently. I have sense of humor, a bit sarcastic perhaps, but I can be pretty light-hearted. I have a decent career with future potential. I have a variety of interests so hopefully I'm not too boring. I'm healthy and try to strive towards a healthy lifestyle -- not passionate about it though. I do have passion though! I'm easy going and fairly confident in myself. I'm not needy or over emotional. Yadda yadda yadda. I feel like I'm writing a resume! Just think positive Amy -- you are a human being with lots to offer and worthy of love. :-)

No comments: