Sunday, January 4, 2009

identifying the ideal mate

I read somewhere that a woman made a list of attributes of the ideal man for her and then prayed over this list until God brought that man into her life. I like this idea -- not because I think that the right man will magically appear, but because I think it will keep me focused -- prayerfully focused. It's easy to identify what I don't like or don't want, but more difficult to define what I really need and want. So here is my list divided into needs and wants.

Needs

  • devoted follower of Christ -- faith is a natural extension of his life; involved in a church
  • financially stable -- solid profession; wise with money
  • educated -- college degree; continues to learn
  • stable family life
  • honest and up front; open and at ease
  • emotionally balanced
  • pursues a healthy lifestyle with exercise and moderate diet
  • unselfish -- puts others first; flexible; shows genuine interest in other people; attentive
  • willingness to experience new things; interests are varied
  • physically attractive (difficult to define, but I know it when I see it)
  • confident but humble
  • no addictions of any kind
Wants
  • reader
  • sports fan
  • expressive eyes (perhaps blue?)
  • music lover --appreciates musical performance
  • graduate degree
  • likes to be outside -- hiking, outdoor sports
  • resourceful
  • does not want more biological children
  • has hair (lol)
  • well traveled -- wants to travel

No comments: