Thursday, January 29, 2009

more parenting in the rough

Most of the time I'm not aware that I'm in this parenting thing alone. Sometimes I can't be in two places at once, but I usually work it out somehow. It's generally easier than dealing with an irrational, selfish, absent parent. Once in a while things happen that make me realize the difficulty of shouldering the responsibility alone. It kind of hits me between the eyes and I feel a deep sadness that my children can't count on their father to be there for them when things get tough. Youngest daughter did something really stupid with some potentially serious consequences and I have to handle the fall out. Thank GOD for His wisdom and guidance because I couldn't get through this stuff without my heavenly father. I am not so alone afterall. I endure the bitterness of the ex, knowing that I am doing the best that I can -- and my kids, as great as they are, will make mistakes that I can not prevent. Few kids get to adulthood without making some stupid choices. The goal is to get them there without having to endure lifelong consequences.

No comments: