Tuesday, March 9, 2010

what's in a name?

It's high time I wrote about my new match interest! We have been communicating for just over a week and all is well so far. He is real! We have a lot in common and have some interesting geographical connections. He lives near my brother, is originally from central NY (where I have family as well) and he has literally biked past my father's farm. Little things --perhaps -- but interesting just the same. I am really enjoying getting to know him! We've talked just once on the phone but it was a pleasant conversation and would have gone on longer than it did had I not had to cut it short. We have this interesting dilemma about our names -- his is a slang term that is used and abused; mine happens to be the same as his ex-wife! I am cautiously optimistic and just letting things move along naturally and realistically. It is impossible to really measure someone up until you meet them in person. I would like to make that happen sooner rather than later. So I think a trip to MA is in order! More to come.... I hope!

No comments: