Wednesday, March 18, 2009

it was a happy birthday

I'm thinking back on yesterday -- my birthday and I conclude that it was a happy birthday. I had a great day that should be chronicled here so that I remember how good it can be... to be me. :) It was gorgeous sunny warm spring day! Oh thank you God for that! I went for a 3 mile walk in the morning -- a great way to start the day. When I got back from my walk, there was a FTD box on the doorstep. Oldest daughter sent me a lovely flower bouquet with peach roses. I checked my email and facebook and there were a bunch of birthday wishes from friends. I then headed out to do a bit of shopping and got a blouse at JCP for $3! Met T__ at TGI Friday's for a long lunch. Then it was off to ASI for my first ever facial. It was awesome!!! I felt so pampered -- definetly the best thing to do on my b-day -- some self indulgence. Youngest daughter and I had some Chinese food for dinner (really lousy food unfortunately) and then a yummy rich chocolate raspberry torte later for dessert. C__ stopped over with a thoughtful gift. Brother T__ called and chatted for a while. Son came through with a card & gift to cap off the day. Felt very loved by friends and family!

I'd have to say that the birthdays have significantly improved sans husband -- even though I'm getting older and feel my odds of coupling again diminish.

No comments: