Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Affirmation

I finally had that talk with my pastor today. It was a good conversation. I really felt that he had a clear picture of the situation and it was comforting. It provided me with some much needed affirmation.

J_'s actions speak for themselves. It is not necessary for me to point out the crooked path.

Ecclesiastes 10:2-3 (The Message)
Wise thinking leads to right living;
Stupid thinking leads to wrong living.

Fools on the road have no sense of direction.
The way they walk tells the story: "There goes the fool again!"


The challenge for me is to keep moving forward towards Godliness in all of this. I need to keep firm boundaries without harboring anger and resentment. Keep forgiving, but require accountability. Keep checking my attitude. God's grace and mercy are just as available to J__ as they are to me. His defeat is not my victory.

Funny thing to end the day: when I was in the store getting snacks, a guy walking by me randomly stopped and said "you're pretty" -- I kind of did a double take (wondering if I just heard what I thought I heard) and said, thank you. The guy appeared to be perfectly normal, but I had to wonder about his mental capacity! Who does that? LOL

No comments: